These would be the goals I aim to achieve as LYE Chair:
- To hold at least one annual conference Liberal Youth England
- Reform the regional chairs system to make it more effective in supporting branches
- Work towards having large county/city branches to cover areas of England where no branches exist at present
- Build a dedicated support team to provide specific types of support to branches and members - in areas such as organisation, recruitment, events, campaigning, websites and emails
- Take back policy making powers for England from federal LY - with a constitutional amendment to the first LYE Conference so members can decide for themselves
- Improve accessibility for members - including online participation and organising carpooling to events
- Set up our own website to give us a distinct online presence and identity
While I think this can be done within the existing budget I will also seek to get more funds for LYE the English Liberal Democrats.
And finally I want to change our name to English Liberal Youth so we have a pronounceable acronym.