Sunday, 17 April 2011

The best Chinese takeaway in Guildford

I recently had my second lovely meal from Guildford's Tong Tong - a Chinese takeaway. Now as a student I've had quite a few Chinese takeaways in my life and I maintain that Tong Tong is without a doubt (in my opinion) the best in Guildford.

It's certainly not the highest of quality but it's definitely great value for money. For example, their Special Fried Rice (which comes with large pieces of chicken and pork) only costs £5.25 and is large enough to be a meal in its own right. I ended up having the Special Fried Rice and Spicy Salt and Pepper Chicken - the latter was a bit too spicy for my tastes but, then again, so is just about everything else.

Basically it's food of a good quality, they are open every day apart from Tuesdays, you can order over the phone, they deliver to your door and the price is very reasonable.

And no, before you ask, they have not paid me to write this review for them or anything like that - I just happen to have really enjoyed their food. However, if by some chance the owner is reading this and would like to offer me complimentary prawn crackers with my next order then I don't think that I'd object...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm indebted to Birkdale Focus for the following choice of words:

I am happy to address most contributions, even the drunken ones if they are coherent, but I am not going to engage with negative sniping from those who do not have the guts to add their names or a consistent on-line identity to their comments. Such postings will not be published.

Anonymous comments with a constructive contribution to make to the discussion, even if it is critical will continue to be posted. Libellous comments or remarks I think may be libellous will not be published.

I will also not tolerate personation so please do not add comments in the name of real people unless you are that person. If you do not like these rules then start your own blog.

Oh, and if you persist in repeating yourself despite the fact I have addressed your point I may get bored and reject your comment.

The views expressed in comments are those of the poster, not me.