Monday, 28 March 2011

Idea for a new Lib Dem HQ

So, apparently the Lib Dems are going to be moving from their Cowley Street headquarters. Depending on who you ask this is either because Cowley Street is now too small or too expensive. Either way, the party is looking for new premises.

Pictured: A lovely old building
Now Cowley Street is a lovely old place and I think it'd be a shame for us to end up moving from a place like that to some monotonous office block like Millbank.

Pictured: A monotonous office block
So, I think I've found the perfect solution. The Old London Underground Company is planning to convert 26 disused tube stations into night clubs, art galleries, restaurants and the like. They're not going to be using any public money to do so and they're essentially getting thousands of square feet in central London for next to nothing.

So, here's the big idea. Are you ready for it? The Liberal Democrats leave Cowley Street, buy a disused tube station from the company and set up HQ there instead.

I know, it's awesome, right? Imagine, a headquarters located beneath central London's streets. After all, we're already portrayed as villains by the media and the NUS so why not have a supervillain's headquarters to match? The entrance could be a trapdoor guarded by a crack team of Liberal Youth activists. We could have top secret meetings in disused tunnels.

Pictured: A supervillain's headquarters
And where better than underground to keep Clegg until the AV referendum is over? Who knows - we might even be able to take Lembit Opik off down a tunnel and lose him there.

Pictured: Lembit Opik

1 comment:

  1. Natasha Chapman29 March 2011 at 14:12

    I love this. I love this so, so much! =D

    ReplyDelete

I'm indebted to Birkdale Focus for the following choice of words:

I am happy to address most contributions, even the drunken ones if they are coherent, but I am not going to engage with negative sniping from those who do not have the guts to add their names or a consistent on-line identity to their comments. Such postings will not be published.

Anonymous comments with a constructive contribution to make to the discussion, even if it is critical will continue to be posted. Libellous comments or remarks I think may be libellous will not be published.

I will also not tolerate personation so please do not add comments in the name of real people unless you are that person. If you do not like these rules then start your own blog.

Oh, and if you persist in repeating yourself despite the fact I have addressed your point I may get bored and reject your comment.

The views expressed in comments are those of the poster, not me.