Monday, 7 February 2011

Guido Fawkes really is a f***ing prick

Featured on Liberal Democrat Voice
Paul Staines, who blogs as Guido Fawkes, really is a cunt. Sorry for the strong language but he really is such a twat that I think it's justified. The reason that I say this is because, in addition to the raving right wing nutters who hang out in the comments and such delightful behaviour as the spreading of false rumours about William Hague that resulted in his aide being forced to resign, today he saw fit to post on his blog the following, charming picture:

Now, I'm not one of these humourless morons who sneers at political cartoonists, or even one of those who refuses point blank to laugh at black humour. But this failed attempt at a political cartoon is not witty, is not funny and is not clever. Yes, clearly the humongous figure is meant to be Alex Salmond, and I assume "Get tae fuck" is some sort of attempt to poke fun at his Scottish accent and possibly his manner. But really, attempting to make a joke out of a terrible tragedy that devastated the lives of hundreds of people is pretty piss-poor. And what's worse is that the "joke" isn't even funny in the slightest. This is nothing more than a humourless hack trying to substitute shock value for humour and it is the height of bad taste and insensitivity for Mr Staines to post it on his blog, especially given that he would quite happily tear into anyone who dared to make jokes about, say, pissing on Margaret Thatcher's grave. Not that pissing on her grave would be acceptable of course, but at least it is a somewhat amusing notion to lefties like me whereas bad jokes about mass murder aren't funny at all.

On top of that, Mr Staines is just generally a piece of shit which probably explains why his blog is so crap[*]. Don't worry though, I'm not going to ruin your day by describing in detail some of the other idiotic things he's put on his blog.

[*] - Disclaimer: I'm not saying that my blog is any better than his and he certainly has more followers than I do (there's no accounting for taste) but what I am saying is that it would be pretty hard to write something shittier than his. I mean, come on, I've seen Holocaust jokes from BNP members more sensitive than that "political" cartoon.

[UPDATE] Apparently, Guido did once run a cartoon of people dancing on Thatcher's grave. In that case, I apologise for misjudging him on that particular point. On everything else, my argument still stands.

7 comments:

  1. Guido did run a cartoon about people dancing on Thatcher's grave too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip Anonymous - I've updated the blogpost accordingly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope this clueless rant will not put anyone off reading Guido, an essential commentary on what's going on; the comments also are an eye opener into another world: http://order-order.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. @rob's uncle

    I hope this clueless comment will not put anyone off of seeing Guido as the extreme, libertarian piece of tittle tattle that it is where you can read such essential things as malicious rumours about William Hague.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is a game where you CAN indeed piss on thatcher's grave:
    http://piss.maggiethatcher.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. @baroness

    I am indebted to you for that link.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much, I thought it was just me wondering why the hell even mainstream politicians treat that pile of extreme right crap written by a terrorist sympathiser (google Paul Staines Nicaraguan Contras) like it's a respectable website or something.

    ReplyDelete

I'm indebted to Birkdale Focus for the following choice of words:

I am happy to address most contributions, even the drunken ones if they are coherent, but I am not going to engage with negative sniping from those who do not have the guts to add their names or a consistent on-line identity to their comments. Such postings will not be published.

Anonymous comments with a constructive contribution to make to the discussion, even if it is critical will continue to be posted. Libellous comments or remarks I think may be libellous will not be published.

I will also not tolerate personation so please do not add comments in the name of real people unless you are that person. If you do not like these rules then start your own blog.

Oh, and if you persist in repeating yourself despite the fact I have addressed your point I may get bored and reject your comment.

The views expressed in comments are those of the poster, not me.